There’s nothing that awakens the Christmas spirit quite like a John Lewis advert.
Famous for their profound capability of provoking fuzzy and festive feelings among its viewers every year, there is truly no greater sign than these adverts that Christmas has finally arrived.
But there is one John Lewis ad that plucked the nation’s heartstrings and brought them to tears: ‘The Long Wait’ of 2011.
This beautiful story spotlights a little boy waiting impatiently in the run-up to Christmas. Desperately trying to make every hour pass as the big day edges nearer, this boy epitomizes the sheer anticipation and excitement our children experience in the days before Christmas.
But the story takes an unexpected turn. As Christmas morning finally arrives, we see the boy rush not to the pile of gifts by his bed, but to the one gift in his closet, which he then presents to his two sleepy parents. It finally dawns on the audience that for this little boy, the joy of giving far outweighed the delight of receiving.
Christmas is a wonderful time to show people how much they mean to us by giving them something meaningful. In this blog, we’ll show you how you can make someone’s eyes light up this Christmas, HumbleWorks style.
The art of standing
There’s nothing more precious than the wellbeing of a loved one. So, what better time is there than this Christmas to invest in the health of someone special with one of our expertly-crafted standing desks? Let’s take a look at what a stand-up desk can do for your nearest and dearest.
The benefits of good posture while standing are life-long. With a HumbleWorks standing desk, you can get busy grinding down while prioritizing your well-being at the same time. Improving your posture will not only reduce the possibility of developing debilitating health conditions such as severe back pain but will also significantly lower your chances of chronic and terminal illness in the future.
Our mental well-being suffers when we sit for too long. Taking a stand at work will therefore make a noticeable difference to your mood and mental health. As standing facilitates blood circulation, your brain will be constantly flooded with oxygen, nutrient-rich substances and mood-enhancing chemicals such as endorphins. In other words, a standing desk will make you feel happier and help get those creative juices flowing!
The perfect present for that special someone this Christmas
Whether your loved one works in an office freelances from home or spends long hours studying in the library, we will have something just for them. As well as being ergonomically sound, our desks are…
- Sturdy and trustworthy, able to support a total weight of 10kg, depending on which model you choose (our Stan 2 is a great choice if the user works across multiple screens!).
- Easily set up, folded down and portable, allowing you to bring your desk wherever you prefer to work, whether it’s from a shack in the middle of the Himalayas or a bustling high street coffee shop.
- Height adjustable due to the cantilever design, meaning you can arrange the shelves to suit your specific height, allowing you to work comfortably and effectively.
- Planet-friendly as all of our products are made from sustainable birch plywood: plastic free!
- Available in a range of colours to suit your loved one’s ideal workspace. Whether they would prefer a clean white, a classic natural or a warm oiled colour, we’ll have something just for them.
There’s no greater way of showing someone how much they mean to you than by investing in their well-being. So this Christmas, why not take a stand for those you love with one of our beautiful standing desks or laptop risers?
Like the little boy in the John Lewis ad, you too can give a gift you can’t wait to give this Christmas.